Do you qualify to be a surrogate?
If the answer to any of the statements below is “no,” then we are sorry but you do not meet the qualifications. Please do not submit an application to become a surrogate.
If you can answer “yes” to ALL of the statements below, then you meet the initial qualifications to become a surrogate! Please submit the application to become a surrogate now.
- Enjoy helping others
- Love being pregnant
- Have at least one, full term, uncomplicated pregnancy
and delivery, as documented by medical records
- Am between 23 and 36 years old
- Have a flexible schedule and willing to travel
to appointments (up to 25 appointments)
- Have a valid driver´s license and access to a reliable car
- Have strong family support, including access to childcare
- Am healthy, and height/weight appropriate (30 BMI or less) Calculate My BMI
- Am a non-smoker, drug free (including marijuana), and alcohol free
- Am a U.S. citizen, have a green card or legally reside in California or Nevada
- If married or in stable relationship, have the support of your partner
- Am free of any felony convictions, willing to undergo psychology testing, background check and drug testing
- Be financially secure, and not participate in Section 8 or public housing, cash assistance, or welfare. Other forms of assistance can be considered, on case-by-case basis